Mechanical Behavior of Ductile Materials - Strain Hardening
Answer the following questions.
- What is the value of flow stress at strain = 1?
- Which material parameter, K or n, has a larger effect on material strength?
- If the value of K is doubled, by how much does the flow stress change?
- If the value of n is halved, by how much does the flow stress change?
Answers can be obtained by studying the stress strain behavior shown on the plot below.
- Click "Reset" to initialize.
- Use the sliders to set values for K and n
- Click "Start/Stop"
- Comparisons can be made by setting different values of K and/or n and clicking "Start/Stop
- Reset brings up a new display.
Procedures that can be used to obtain answers to the questions are available
© 2001 by Barney E. Klamecki. All rights reserved